Well, ok, it's not a church sign, but obviously a veterinarian clinic. It made me chuckle. It's a good sign. The rhyme makes it easy to remember and sort of fun to say... (relax and repeat "pet to the vet" 5 times, real fast and see if you agree.)
And I don't even have a pet - aside from the squirrels in the attic and the frogs and lizards that show up everywhere.
Rhymes, alliteration and rhythm are devices we can use to help us remember important things. For example:
- Your attitude determines your acts
- Your beliefs drive your behavior
- Your character is manifest in your conduct
- Your demeanor is reflected in your deeds
This little ABC&D is a good reminder that what's on the inside will eventually show up on the outside. Computer programmers used to say (and I guess still do, but I don't know many programmers these days) GIGO; "garbage in, garbage out."
- Guard your heart above all else, for it is the source of life. Proverbs 4:23 (HCSB)
- For the mouth speaks from the overflow of the heart. Matthew 12:34 (HCSB)
- A good man produces good out of the good storeroom of his heart. An evil man produces evil out of the evil storeroom, for his mouth speaks from the overflow of the heart. Luke 6:45 (HCSB)