Recognizing that the summer was rapidly drawing to a close, we reviewed our family calendar a couple of weeks ago and found that attending Camp Natchamama (our church's student camp) as a family would be our best chance for a family vacation.
We had a blast! The staff was excellent and the campers were wonderful examples of maturing young men and women.
As the week unfolded, we found we were having a great week of "vacation." In fact, we concluded that Camp Natchamama is like a cruise vacation.... well, sort of like a cruise vacation. Here's what I mean:
- The price was all inclusive. Transportation, food, entertainment!
- The staff planned daily excursions. Who needs ziplines over rainforest canopies when you can participate in paintball, 4-square, ultimate frisbee and Wonderworks!
- Exotic ports of call. Pigeon Forge. Need I say more?
- Perky directors. How could we ever forget "The Love Boat's" Julie McCoy? We had wonderful folks like Lon & The Chan!
- Food most always available. Carbs, carbs and more carbs! And, all you can eat!
- Nightly entertainment. The worship band, "Worlds Untold" rocked. And Will Goodwin delivered.
- You can gain a pound a day. Did I mention there were carbs, carbs and more carbs?
- Noisy kids at the pool. No Marco Polo, but there were chicken fights.
- How-to seminars. Jessie and Scott did a great job on the mission track, teaching us the latest in Gospel, HipHop Line Dancing!
- Someone watching to see when you exit your room. Especially after lights out!